The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Nahdlatul Ulama Surabaya (FK UNUSA) was established by UNUSA as a manifestation commitment of Surabaya Islamic Hospital Foundation (YARSIS) to play an active role in education and health. With the support of two previously established hospitals, (Surabaya A Yani Islamic Hospital) and (Surabaya Jemursari Islamic Hospital) the commitment to improve health services should also be supported by the Faculty of Medicine. Starting from the School of Health Nursing which has existed since 1979 and became the Midwifery Academy in 1997, the establishment of the Nursing Academy in 1985, joining the two academies in 2006 to become a College of Health Sciences until finally in 2013 it changed into the Nahdlatul Ulama University in Surabaya is a strong evidence of YARSIS’s experience in the field of health education. In 2014 based on Decree 261 / E / O / 2014, the UNUSA S1 Study Program officially received an operational permit.
Becoming a prominent Faculty of Medicine, excelling at the national and international level, professional in preventive medicine, entrepreneurial and Islamic in character.
1. Developing the Medical Faculty as a leading and superior medical education center by building a professional management system.
2. Producing graduates who excel in medical science and technology (iptekdok), professionals in preventive medicine, entrepreneurial spirit, and Islamic character.
3. Developing research in the fields of basic medical science, clinical medicine, and community medicine in the pesantren environment and society in general.
4. Developing community health systems and preventive medicine in general, especially by strengthening the role of pesantren health posts (poskestren) as primary service centers for the community.
5. Developing the culture of Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaah An-Nahdliyah in community life.
1. The establishment of an effective, efficient, transparent, accountable and independent institutional management system.
2. The realization of graduates who excel in science and technology and preventive medicine by fostering the desire for lifelong learning, analytical thinking, critical and innovative, as well as entrepreneurial spirit and Islamic character.
3. The realization of research in the field of innovative medicine for scientific development and applications in health services.
4. The realization of community service based on research and oriented to prevention principles.
5. The realization of the community health system and preventive medicine in general, especially by strengthening the role of the poskestren as a primary service center for the community.
For futrther information: